Tactical Face Masks in Reno
There are many reasons why you put on your plate carrier and slip in the AR-500 plates (strike face out, please). Maybe you’re on patrol, maybe you’re getting used to it and breaking it in. Maybe you’re trying to figure out which plates work best in your carrier.
But we’ll admit it…you’re not going to be wearing your tactical face mask around all the time.
But when you need it, you need it. And it’s important to practice in your tactical face mask so that you know the positives and negatives of wearing one.
- #1 positive: you’re not going to get shot in the face. Well, you might get shot in the face, but you’re not going to die from it or need years of plastic surgery.
- Wearing a tactical face mask gives you confidence when you need to put yourself in a bad situation.
- Tactical face masks are intimidating. When your enemy sees you wearing one, they know you mean business.
- Constantly having something hanging from your face can get old. That’s why it’s important to practice in your tactical face mask so that you’re accustomed to wearing it.
- Even the most perfect mask will reduce your peripheral vision. We could allow for more with our tactical face masks, but then you’d have less protection from shrapnel and bullets that could hit your ocular area.
Like any piece of body armor, it’s important to wear it and practice in it to make sure that you know how it will change your movements and your reaction time.